Click on one of the
headings below :
of the castle
Old medieval fortress,
renovated between 1450 and 1470 per Jean de Derval remain of significant
vestiges. It counted 6 turns, a châtelet of entry with a bridge
levis and the home seigneurial. The oldest part is consisted the
chorus of the vault castrale of Romance style (XIIIe). Four turns
are still drawn up: the keep (XIIIe - XVe) century in the beginning
independent of the castle, high of 38 meters; the tower of the Clock
(XIVe-XVe) was used as belfry during Ancien Régime; the turns
of Guet and the Cardinal (XVe) were undoubtedly built by Jean de
Derval and preserved their covered way on machicolation.
thanks Patrice Bonjour see web site 35630
Hédé for the photographs and text.