Click on one of the
headings below :
of the castle
of XIIe century, located on a rock piton dominating the village
of Barroux. It estun exceptional point of view on all the plain
of Comtat, laces of Montmirail, the Ventoux mount. The castle was
transformed with the Rebirth (XVIe century) into a splendid residence.
Given up at the XVIIIe century, it fell in ruin at the time of its
repurchase, in 1929, by Mr. Vayson de Pradenne, which undertook
the rebuilding of it. Set fire to by the German troops of occupation,
it was restored in the Sixties. Currently, always belonging to the
family Vayson de Pradennes, it is managed by an Association.
thanks Association for the Friends of the Castle of Barroux for
the photographs as well as the text.