Click on one of the
headings below :
of the castle
The spur barred of
"Mount-horned" was inhabited as of prehistory, and without
almost of interruption until XIe or XIIe century when was built
the castle only Ardennaise fortress with the steps of the Kingdom.
After Montcornet the field passed to the Miles of Drowning then
in Mello. Antoine de Croy bought it in 1446 and rebuilt it in almost
totality. Charles de Gonzague acquired in 1613 of it, and by successive
sales, it passed to Meillerais then to the duke of Pivot which dismantled
it about 1760.
thanks Vincent SEGRET for the photographs as well as the information
on the castle.